Tuesday, 13 December 2011

LO4: Activity Sheet 15



Summative review

The strengths of the working processes include working with others in The Tree of Light project. I enjoyed working with the project leaders to help them come up with constructive feedback to send back to The Henley Festival at the end of each session. The other strengths of my working on the project have been editing many different videos at the same time; this has helped me gain more skills, combining my organisation skill with working Premiere Pro as quickly as possible to get more work done to meet the tight deadlines. On the other hand the weaknesses of this completed project would include the equipment I was using, this slowed me down quite a bit as the tripod stopped me from achieving the best shot I could get while the computer stop me from editing to my best ability’s due to trying to conserve time to render the work for export.

The responses to my work from my client and my teacher have conclusively been very helpful with the development of my video, it has helped me gain experience on how to improve the quality of my work and make it more informational to the audience. The end product of my video was visibly better because of the constructive feedback I had received from both people. The improvements I needed to make made me look at the video from another angle which made it clear that the video did not explain what the project was about.

Some goals for future improvement include getting the correct equipment sorted before filming, this would mean advanced preparation for organising buy the equipment or borrowing the equipment to make sure I had it ready working for the days of shooting. Looking at the feedback I gathered from my tutor and class I would also set another goal of after finishing an edit looking back at the film as I had never seen it before. This will help me think of new ways to inform the audience about the topic DVD using some credits and pops outs.

Future commissions

To make sure potential clients see my work I will add the work to a portfolio, this folder will include many pieces of work which I have completed over the past few years from videos I have filmed to photos I have taken and essays I have written, making sure I show a range of work to show my full potential in the working world. Additionally I will include the details of the many commissions to my CV; this will help broadcast my range of experience in creating pieces of work for business. This information will also include a few statements from the companies I have works with stating how well I have completed the work at a professional standard and how they would recommend me to other companies wanting similar work completed. I will not create a website to broadcast my work as most of the work I have created does not have permission to allow their work on social media websites and websites which are not related to the topic of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment