Tuesday, 18 October 2011

LO2: Activity 12

Contingency Plan
Name: Sarah Innes
Title of project: The Tree of Light
Potential problem
Trouble shooting methods
Having footage which could not be in the final cut due to parental permission of child being in the video.
On the days, filming lots of other footage for other options.
My final cut of the film not being to the high standard of The Henley Festival.
Making sure I have a good few days to improve it before final deadline.
The film not including the shots that the festival wanted to show in the documentary film.
Making sure I have taken all the different shots I can on the day of filming so I have other footage options to fall back on.
Computer problems not being able to edit the footage and copy the final cut.
Making sure I have another computer I can work on in case I have difficulty with my laptop editing the footage.
The camera breaking in the gaps of filming the three activities.
Making sure that the College is aware of the possibility that I may need to borrow a camera, so I have a backup if my camera breaks or gets damage.

Production Diary


Filming date
What happened
31/10/2011
Today I filmed the children at Trinity school taking part in the Tree of Light activity’s, the highlights for the children included being outside and learning many facts about the  trees, these facts included how long the tree roots were, the fact that trees sweat and how much carbon monoxide the tree take in. One girl talked about the morning as 'being very relaxed and happy.... it is like being in your dream garden'.  The children found it very interesting seeing the film footage of the tree canopies, showing the different wild life which use the tree in everyday life, squirrels use the bark to wear down their teeth while the bats uses them to sleep in if they have not made it back home in time. Their favoured part of Rob filming in the tree was when he swung down in one go, it was exciting to see the view of dropping down from a high height. The children were very excited about the next week activities, after learning so much about the trees they were very keen to get on and start filming their tree film.
07/11/2011
Today I filmed the children at Trinity school taking part in the Tree of Light activity’s, the highlights for the children included expressing their feeling with acting, they loved getting up in front of the camera and showing their idea though acting out the key features of the tree such as providing us with a good source of oxygen. One story a girl came up with to respect oxygen was ‘at sports day a boy is struggling for breath after a run, so the children take him over to the tree so he can breathe again’. I ask a few children at the end of the activity about the 2012 Olympics, the children shared their though very enthusiastically saying strait away that they are very excited, some of the children had ticket for some of the events such as the diving. Many of them like being a part of the Tree of Light as it makes them feel a part of the games, it also lets them understand more about nature and how to protect it by recycling.
21/11/2011
Today was the final filming session at Trinity School, the workshop was focused on getting the footage for the final film, at the beginning of the morning Brek and Luke were mapping out the course for filming, after this the children came up to the field to watch the footage of them rehearsing the previous week. Getting into their groups Brek did a practise of the shots with the children before heading down to the school to get change and continuing their rehearsals. one by one the group went up to the field to film their scenes taking a few attempts to get the correct shot, while each group was being filmed the others either were in the hall practising or getting their voice recorded to get the clear audio. Overall the day was very positive, the children were very excited about being filmed, jumping up and down when seeing themselves on camera, they were very happy about finally getting the project filmed after some hard practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment