Tuesday, 11 October 2011

LO2: Activity 7

The Target Audience



My target audience for my commission is the community of Henley-on Thames, the community is full of different age groups as the town has many different schools accommodating primary to college level education. I will consider this in my commission work as I will try and to shoot the activities in a way that will target all the generation in Henley.

 I will do this by included different information and fun editing techniques to draw the younger generation in; this will work as it will show them all the fun tricks you can do in the editing stage to make your video different. The video will be a good example for them to follow, sparking an interest in media. To draw in the older generation of the community, I will make sure I will include as much of the scenery and setting of the activities. This will help draw in the attention of the older residents and parents as they will be keen to see what other shots I have taken and the different expression shots I have taken of the children in the community, they will be pleased to know that the children are having fun and trying something new.

Another part of the target audience is the Oxfordshire County; as this is also a part of The Tree of Life project. They will be interested in the video to find out what the different schools in the county have been up to, as many of the other schools in the county have been participating in other activities. The community of Oxfordshire would be interested in finding out what Trinity School has been up to trying to compare the activities to others taking part in different schools on the other side of the county, how each school has captured the activities differently.

The wider part of the target audience for this video is the many people interested in the London 2012 Olympics. As The Tree of Life is a part of the Olympics the UK and even other countries will be interested in what the Olympics have been doing to benefit the communities all around the UK. The video I will be shooting at Trinity School will be targeted to inform the wider audience about The Tree of Life project, what the children have been up to in their different activities, showing the audience how these activities have benefited the learning of the children and how it has interested the children in other subjects such as film. I will target this audience by making my film very informational to show all the different parts if the project and activities Trinity is taking part in with the Tree of Life Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment