Wednesday, 5 October 2011

LO1: Activity 6

Generating ideas



Video Documentary, Schools
This video was made to document the art week of Alfred Sutton Primary School, it shows the learning of the children the learning of the children progress throughout the 5 day and how art can educate children in different ways. The video is separated into 7 chapters but there is an option on the DVD to watch the video all together.
The technique the film maker has used is very varied, using quite relatable shot such as hand held, close-ups and follow shots. This makes the documentary seem friendly and suitable for children to watch as they can understand the content which is being shot. The structure of the documentary is very simply using a diary form of date entries at the being of a new chapter, the documentary includes lots of dialogue and minimal sound mainly included when show pictures of paintings and new sets of written information. The editing of this documentary is very soft, using lots of fade –in from black and other footage. The film also including continuous shots with no brakes, this is to help show a flowing content of information learnt by the children during the day.
What I have learnt
I have been inspired by this DVD, it has made me think of new ways I could film the children and ideas on editing the footage. When I next attended the school I will make sure get a few shots of the ground and the school to include in video, this footage will appear at the beginning of the film to get a picture of what school is taking part in the Tree of Light activities. Other ideas I have gathered are the usage of voice overs and interviews, it has inspired me to gather more voice recordings in the next filming session at the school, I will use this sound to help break up the music in the film to help show the versatility of learning during the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment