Tuesday, 11 October 2011

LO2: Activity 8

Strengths and Weaknesses 
My idea is to film the children at the Trinity school completing the various activities, I will later on quietly ask for responses from teachers, children and the leader to get their opinions on how they believe the activity went. After I gather all the interview answers I will type them up and email them to the festival leader to update her on the day’s activities.

Project
Filming the Tree of Life activities and Trinity School

Strengths
The strengths about filming the children are that you can capture all the minute facial expressions the children make when they are participating in the actives. You can easily show the view exactly what the children got up to as you can capture the words of the leader and what he is making them do.  You can show the children hard at work capturing the conversation, how they are gaining communication skills while they are having fun. All of this can easily be cut down though editing and sent off in a disk, making it easier for the festival to continue distributing the footage to others.
                                                                                            
Weaknesses
The weakness of filming instead of taking photographs is that it is harder for the public to view. With a photo you can show the public easily what the children have been up to because of the way photos can be included in potters, magazine and newspapers. But with film you will have to set up a screen for the public to view from, making it more expensive for the festival, the other viewing way for the film is on the computer, but this is quite an inconvenience for the public to see as it is not as easy for dome people to see.

Opportunities
This is a great opportunity for me to film these children, it helps me gain more experience in capture film, editing and communicating with others. This project will help me gain skills in keeping to a brief, capturing footage which the commissioner wanted and the information they wanted me to get. Another side of this is that I can be very experimental with the way I can capture the children’s expression in the activities, using close-up and group shots to show them hard at work, getting enthusiastic about what they are creating.                
                                                                 
Threats
The threats I might face while filming the activities is gaining permission from the parents to film their children, if some parents object against this  is will be hard for me to keep up with which children I can film and which I cant. This may get in the way of the final edit as the shots may not be as good as I would have expected, this would be because of the children limiting the shot I could have done. Another threat of filming this project is the worry of the camera running out of memory and battery life, this is a big worry as the activity may run longer then the life of the camera. I need to make sure that I have the camera memory empty and it fully charge to get the shot I want from the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment