Proposal
For my commission I intend to film 3 activities at Trinity School in Henley, I will set out to document the different activities using film to capture the children’s expressions and the content of the tasks they are being set in the duration of the 3 activities. My final task is to produce a DVD short documentary showing the 3 activities which The Trinity School has taken part in, I will aim to show how the children have benefited from them and how it has opened their eyes to different subjects such as film. My idea is very appropriate for the brief I have been set as it covers the task of documenting the activities and additional I will make sure I interview a few adult and children off camera to find out what their thoughts are of the activity’s to send back in a feedback email to Mandy Beard. The proposed work meets the target audience as it shows the Henley community and the UK what the Tree of Light project is and how it will help the children in the area. They will be intrigued by the video as it shows how the London 2012 Olympics is not only helping the country with sport but also helping the young children discover new hobbies and interest.
The stages of the project
The stages will include making a brain storm of ideas, what type of shots I want to include in the video, what message I want to get across to the audience and the types of voice footage I want to capture. After this I will make sure I have the correct equipment I need for filming before I go to my first activity, this equipment will include a video camera, tripod, pen and paper to wright down the responses to the activities. After I gather this equipment I will film the three activities at Trinity School, capturing as many different shots as possible so when I start editing I have lots of footage to work will. The next stage after filming would be to have a meeting with Many Beard to show her the different footage I captured so we can come up with an idea together on how I can edit it. After coming up with an idea from the meeting I will edit the footage and copy it on to a disk to gather my first piece of feedback. The feedback I will receive form Mandy Beard will help me to improve my work to a higher slandered till she is happy with what I have come up with for the project.
Pitching to the client
An important aspect for when you are presenting a proposal to a client is that you are prepared, that you know and understand the proposal inside out. This is very important to make sure you do as if the commissioner want to ask a question you can give them a detailed in depth answer, making sure your commissioner understands the angle you are taking in the project and how you have incorporated their ideas with yours. This will impress the commissioner if you present an excellent proposal, this will help with working together as they will be able to trust you will completing the task they have set.
Coming up with a good proposal consist of completely understanding the brief before coming up with an ideas on what you could do; you have to understand the limits of the project, what you can and can’t do concerning the project. With this information in hand you can start coming up with a good proposal, the proposal in meant to inform your commissioner what your intentions are, so you need to have in depth information on what you are planning to do and what you plan it to end up like. The main importance of the proposal is that you include information on the stages of the project and how you will manage the commission you have been set.
Budget
Student name: Sarah Innes
| |
Client name: Many Beard
| |
Project title: Tree of Light
| |
Project Budget
|
N/A
|
Required materials
|
- Video Camera
- Tripod
- Sound equipment (Microphone)
- Editing booth
- DVD
|
Equipment (To buy or hire)
|
Per Day
Camera – £140 + VAT
Tripod - £25 + VAT
Microphone - £25 +VAT
Editing Suite + Editor – £320
For 50 Units
DVD (Blank) - £8
|
Personnel Costs
|
Per Day
Camera Man – £700
|
Post production costs
|
£320
|
Contingency (10%) of budget
|
£122
|
Total project budget
|
£1,218
|

No comments:
Post a Comment